Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Everything Up Until This Point is Absolute Rubbish!

When you read the title of this post you must do it in an Irish accent, especially the 'Absolute Rubbish' part. I've just finished watching Black Books and Bernard seems to say it quite a bit.

Anyway, I started this blog some time ago as a journal and motivator for 'The Summer of Morris,' a three month period in which I was going to better myself in a number of different ways. I had a list and everything but of course, like so many of my other projects, it fell flat on its face after just a few weeks. However, I did manager to complete 2 or so things from the list so I'm counting it as a win.

From now on, I'm going to use this blog to document my various projects and keep you abreast of life.

Luckily I just completed my LinkedIn profile which has a summary of what I'm up to...

I have recently completed a Business Double Degree of Management (Marketing) and Business (Property) at UniSA and I wish to pursue a career in Internet Marketing.

I'm taking a year to travel to Europe (Dec 2009- Dec 2010) including a working holiday in France. I'm hoping to line up an internet marketing internship in France for 2-6 months if possible.

My work experience up until now has been in Office Administration including data entry, mail outs, digital and manual filing, scanning, customer service and document processing.

In the short term, my goal is to get a temporary job to earn some extra money for my overseas trip in December 2009.

I'm also planning on setting up a travel blog to cover my trip which will double as a web design/ internet marketing portfolio for some freelance work I'd like to do while overseas.

I've recently been contacted by someone wanting to put a banner on my Adelaide Poker Blog which I haven't worked on in like two years. I have had some requests before as the blog is a PR 2 and still has some decent Search Engine rankings and I was going to throw this one in the trash as I did with those but I just thought what the hell so I replied and it looks like it might go ahead. I'll make some time to do a few new posts and tweaks to bring the site up to date, slap up the banner and hopefully it will bring in a tidy little profit.

The other thing I've been doing lately is the Adelaide Flash Mob. A flashmob is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, do something unusual for a brief period, and quickly disperse. We hold participatory events in and around Adelaide, mostly in the Mall, and our events could broadly be described as street performance. Check us out on the web and facebook if you want to get involved.

No comments: